Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Adult Snow Day

In the St. Louis area we got 12" (give or take) of snow between Saturday till today! I haven't seen this much snow in a really long time, and I think we may have the coldest days since 1982. Brrr! I hate the winter with a passion but I have to admit, it was kind of pretty (I said kind of) to watch the snow fall, knowing I had no place to go. So, what do you do when the weather is so cold and there's a ton of snow on the ground? You make snow ice cream, of course! I saw some people posting about this on Facebook, so I decided to give it a try. It was actually pretty good! 

Snow ice cream is super easy to make:

6-8 cups of snow
1/2 cup milk (I used almond)
1/3 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
I put about 4 tablespoons of cocoa in mine :) 

Mix the milk, sugar, vanilla  until the sugar is dissolved, then add in your snow and keep mixing. I added the cocoa in last. 

This tasted like chocolate ice cream, but I do have to admit that I was weirded out by eating snow and any other dirt/debris that could have been in it. Plus I have a dog, so.... 
I also read that St. Louis apparently detected high levels of radiation in the snow (unsure if this is true) so if you live around here, I advise just making a trip to the grocery store and buying some ice cream. 

Last night my boss emailed to say that we could work from home if we wanted to...so not a total Adult Snow Day, but I worked all day in my PJ's which was pretty awesome. I am realizing why people work from home - no distractions, peace and quiet..I could get used to this! 

Stay warm!

Snowapocolypse 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment