Saturday, February 4, 2012

Surprise Presents for Me? Yes, Please!

Last Monday I received a call from our secretary at work that I had a package at the front desk. A package? Hmmm. I hadn't ordered anything, but I always have a sliver of hope that it could be a gift. Not sure why, no one has ever sent me a gift at work, but I guess that is the optimistic side of me. I eagerly walk to the reception desk and see an Amazon box for me. Perplexed, I go back to my desk and practically rip it open to find a French phrase book and Rosetta Stone, level one French looking back up at me! YIPEE! But who would have done such a wonderful, generous thing? Let me stop here and explain that the H and I are traveling to France this year with another couple, and I know about 8 words in French; thank you, yes, beef, pen, swimming  pool, hello, goodbye and butter. Anyway, I digress.. the gift was from my wonderful, thoughtful, amazing friend, Brian who is working in Afghanistan for the next year. So nice, right?! So, this weekend I am going to get my French-on and the H and I will be studying away.

Merci, Brian! 


Wait...that's not all I received on Monday! I came home to find ANOTHER gift on our kitchen island. From The Limited! For those of you who don't know me, I love the Limited with all of my heart and soul. Their clothes always fit me great, they are true to size and the customer service I receive in the store is always superb. I have gotten to know them by name since I make frequent visits during my lunch hour (who says power shopping isn't a sport?)
Anyway, back to my gift... I opened the box to find a lovely necklace, and a coupon for 30% off my next order, just as a "thank you" for being a customer. This is what I am talking about..Thanks, Limited! 



No comments:

Post a Comment