Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Chicago..my kind of town

I heart Chicago. I always have - the first time I went was in my early teen years and I remember falling in love then. There's just an energy in the city that can't be ignored, awesome shopping everywhere you look and the best pizza a girl could ask for!
I went to Chicago for a work trip on Tuesday, and on Thursday night the H drove up (it's only 4 hours or so) and we spent the weekend just walking (a LOT of walking!) around the city and of course, eating.

Thursday night we went to my all-time favorite non-pizza restaurant, Kuma's Corner. Seriously, if you are in Chicago you HAVE to check this place out! On a Thursday night it was pretty crowded and we had to wait about 45 minutes but the wait is definitely worth it. This place is a no-nonsense, heavy metal, ink-filled establishment (no Metallica or Megadeth haters). The service is always great and I can't say enough about the food! My favorite is the"Iron Maiden" a burger (veggie for me) with avocado, chipotle mayo and pepper jack cheese. I am actually salivating thinking about it! My husband got the "Slayer" which is fries covered with burger, chili, peppers, onions, and anger. Yes, anger.

The next day we walked downtown, shopped and ate pizza! Below is our all-time favorite pizza place, Geno's East. In all fairness, we tried a couple other places and while they were OK but nothing compares to Geno's.

Geno's East

All in all, we had a great time but it was nice to get back home to the animals and a routine! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment