Saturday, August 4, 2012

Our European Vacation Part One: Ireland

We're baaaaaack! Well, technically I've been back in the US for 25 days but have been slacking on my trip updates. We had a great time in Europe (I mean, really...how can you NOT have a good time??) We started out in Dublin for a couple days, then headed to Provence and finally ended up in Paris *dreamy sigh*.

Since this could get lengthy I have decided to break it up by location. First Stop: Dublin, Ireland (2 days)
If I had to describe Dublin in one word it would be "lively".  I'm not sure what is in the water over there but everyone seems to have so much energy.I loved the people, the music and the food (that includes the Guinness since it's practically its own meal). I especially loved walking through downtown Dublin, taking in all of the activity and just people watching.

We went to a restaurant in downtown Dublin called The Pig's Ear. As a vegetarian, this did not sound appetizing at all but I found this dish and it was one of my favorite meals on our entire trip!


Beet Risotto
I honestly think that the Guinness was my husband's favorite part of Ireland. It is also totally socially acceptable to order this drink at any point in the day.


Yum.



In our short time in Dublin we were able to do a bit of sightseeing. We booked a tour and took a day trip to Wicklow. The tour also included a tour through Trim Castle, which was pretty amazing.

Wicklow

Trim Castle
Doesn't get greener than this! 

Next post: Provence, France!
Thanks for reading, I hope everyone has a great Saturday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment