Wednesday, February 13, 2013

2013 Short List Update

It's already mid-February so I thought I would post a quick 2013 Short List update! So far, I am making some decent progress on my list although there's still a lot to cover this year. Below are some of my updates: 

#2 Complete Insanity Asylum - Today (2/13/13) is the LAST day of Asylum!!! I am so excited I can hardly stand it. It was a great (and hard) program but I am ready to be finished. I have spent a lot of quality time with Shaun T, since I just got done with Insanity then moved right along to Asylum so I am ready for a new program (and a break from that man). My next Beachbody program will be Brazil Butt Lift, which I will start March 10. 

#6 Take a drawing class - signing up for Drawing: Beginner/Intermediate through St. Louis Community College. The class will start in April, and will last for 6 weeks (I think). Drawing is something I've always loved to do growing up, and I've lost the technique behind it so I am hoping to gain that from this class. 

#7 Play one song (well) on the guitar - Unfortunately, I am not musically inclined. When I was younger I played the violin, and not to brag but I was pretty good. My music teacher told my dad that I should keep up with it because my fingers moved like lightening..ha. Then, I decided (much against my dad's wishes) to play the saxophone  I hated it..it was big, bulky, it squeaked..ugh. One of my regrets is that I didn't stick with the violin because I lost any musical ability that I had. Anyway, I signed up for online guitar lessons so we'll see how this goes. It could be a total train wreck or maybe I'll be the next (female) Jimi Hendrix..lol. 

#19 Be introduced to something new every month. In January, I had to go to Baton Rouge, LA for work. I fell in LOVE with that place! After leaving BR I went to New Orleans to hang out with my good friend, Brian. That was such an amazing time that I can't wait to go back (which will be March..yeah!!). I am in the middle of writing a post about my trip...it's coming soon! 

Those are the updates for now...I feel like I am making some good progress. 4 items out of 28 isn't too bad. For those math lovers, 14% of my list has been completed! I am continually adding to it and trying to not change existing items too much (although I did change the due date of paying my Limited credit card off...shhh) 

-A

No comments:

Post a Comment