Friday, March 2, 2012

TGIF!

I took today off work, and it feels GREAT! It is storming pretty bad in the midwest, which (IMO) are the best days to be off work, lay around, read, catch up on shows and just be a bit lazy. However, instead of being lazy I am trying to get some random things done so I am not scrambling all weekend. I need to hit the grocery store in the worst way. Also, a friend of mine at work sent me some delicious-sounding vegetarian recipes so I think I will try one of them out tonight. I also found a recipe online from a website I just stumbled upon for chickpea chocolate chip cookies...hmmm. I am going to try them out and if they're good I will link the recipes.

Also, I started a new workout program on Sunday! I mentioned in a previous post that I was doing a hybrid of P90X/Insanity. Both are very challenging, but since I had seriously been doing them since January of 2010 I was BORED with the workouts (again, still challenging) I just needed to change things up a bit. I started doing another Beachbody program called ChaLEAN Extreme, which focuses on using the heaviest weights you can handle and only doing 12 reps. Muscle burns fat, so I'm hoping that I can get off of this plateau I've been on for what seems like years. Honestly, I do like the workouts but since my calorie burn isn't as high I'm a bit nervous about weighing myself. I'll report back as I get into the program a bit more.
I hope everyone has a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment